This Chicken Teriyaki Bento Recipe will take a little time to make than normal because of the marinating involved in cooking procedure. It is best to start by marinating the chicken while cooking the rice and fixing everything else while waiting for these two to finished. This recipe is good for single lunchbox (bento box).
Chicken Teriyaki Bento Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces boneless chicken (breast, tenders, thighs, whatever you have)
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large enough bowl to hold the chicken, mix the first three ingredients together. Add the chicken. Set aside to let the chicken be marinated for 30 minutes, turn over halfway through.
- To cook the marinated chicken, heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Take the marinated chicken out and pat dry. Set aside the marinade (this will be used as glazed sauce for chicken later).
- Put the chicken skin side down (if you are not using skinless) in the heated pan and cook until brown, this will take a minute or two. Then flip other side until brown.
- Pour the reserved marinade over the chicken and cover the pan tightly. Lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Reduce the marinade by removing the cover and increase the heat back to medium high. Toss the chicken to completely covered with marinade glaze.
Please note that for the Chicken Teriyaki Bento Recipe you can also replace chicken with other meat and even tofu. Just remember to adjust the cooking accordingly.